[sugar] Missing dependencies when starting with jhbuild

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 17:46:26 EDT 2007

On 10/13/07, Erik Blankinship <erikb at mediamods.com> wrote:
> I just installed FC7 on a new machine, ran yum install git, then started the
> process of installing sugar-jhbuild.
>
> Missing dependencies:
>
> intltoolize 0.35
> darcs
> gettextize
> gstreamer-0.10 0.10
> gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10 0.10
> fribidi
> enchant
> theora
> liboil-0.3
> numpy (python module)
> json (python module)
> avahi (python module)
> gst (python module)
> avahi-client
> avahi-glib
> gstreamer-0.10
> gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10
> poppler
> poppler-glib
> rsvg (python module)
> wnck (python module)
> xephyr
>
> I am wondering if there is an easy way to clear away the problems of yum
> installing the various packages of this next step (and having to research
> what the yum install name is for each package, a difficult task for even the
> initiated).

I think there is a list of packages to install in the wiki, though I
can't find it right now.

>  Further, I think removing this step from jhbuild for new
> developers would be a good idea.

As in getting those automatically installed? It's not a simple problem
because we need to support multiple distributions. I've seen
discussion about improving jhbuild <-> distribution integration
upstream, maybe that will help here. On the short time providing
good/updated info on the wiki would probably help a lot.

Marco