[sugar] activity sharing protocol

Dafydd Harries daf at rhydd.org
Mon Feb 19 10:52:06 EST 2007

Ar 19/02/2007 am 15:45, ysgrifennodd Marco Pesenti Gritti:
> On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 14:04 +0000, Robert McQueen wrote:
> > API for chats
>
> How this is different from tubes? Do we plan to have something chat
> specific?

The idea is to use the existing Telepathy chat interface:

http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec.html#org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Type.Text

This interface works for both single-person and multi-person chats. You use
the Group interface on the same channel for multi-person chats to find out
who's around:

http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec.html#org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Interface.Group

> Finally, do you feel like making any time estimates on Phase 1/2. Not
> knowing enough about telepathy, I don't have any idea of how much work
> they would be.

My guess is that the slowest part is going to be the Gabble modifications to
support PEP -- maybe a week or two.

--
Dafydd