[sugar] OLPC emulation

matt.price at utoronto.ca matt.price at utoronto.ca
Mon Dec 31 21:49:51 EST 2007

(on va cation w/out broadband, so quickly):

Quoting Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org>:

> Matt Price wrote:
>
>> i would definitely advise against trying to use the standard emulation
>> images, as they take some work to get running.
>
> I'm interested in helping fix such problems.  Please,
> file bugs for major problems you've experienced and
> assign them to me.  Even better, submit patches.
>
> I'll try to allocate a small portion of my time on making
> our emulation experience better.

the issues i had in ubuntu were more about qe3mu/kqemu aqnd vmware.
each took some work to get running, and while qemu images probably rna
pretty well, everything was just easier using jhbuild.  vmware iirc,
had trouble reading the image file even after conversion to vmdk format.

when i get back i'll try to see whether a bug is worth filing.  thx
for the goodwill.

matt