[sugar] Killing activities

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 31 17:38:31 EST 2007

On Dec 31, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Steve Lewis wrote:
> I am finding myself in a situation where I start an activity that
> fails
> to start - this happens alot becaise I am writing my own
> activities - short of restarting sugar is there any way to kill a
> stuck
> activity - one which says it is starting and never gets the Stop/
> Resume
> menu?

In the development versions, activities that fail to start after some
amount of time should be reaped automatically by Sugar:

<http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=sugar;a=commitdiff;h=b876648bd616fa57b0e3c8050af46bb1c6268e75

Unless your actual processes are getting stuck (in which case you can
sigkill them), there's nothing particularly bad about the pulsating
icon being stuck; it's just a visual annoyance. You could crank the
"activity failed" reaping timeout down significantly in your Sugar
checkout while doing development.

Please note Reply-To. Cheers,

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org