[sugar] Dependencie problem with sugar

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Tue Dec 18 11:00:39 EST 2007

Jorge A. Cortes Mahmud wrote:
> thanks but i don't know how to use this method exactly, i tried
> in test.py

> Install the packages from your distribution which provides these
> functionalities, including the development package for libraries.

I tend to find that eliminating "python" from the set of dependencies
built makes the whole jhbuild install go more smoothly on Gentoo (or, at
least, it did, I haven't tried it with python enabled in a long time).
With that change the python that gets used is your system's Python
(normally 2.5.x), so it's more likely that your system packages for a
given Python module will have been registered properly.

You'd have to blow away your "sugarjhbuild/build" directory to try it,
but might be worth a shot:

mcfletch at raistlin:~$ cat ~/.olpc.jhbuildrc
skip=['python']

then redo sugar-jhbuild build.
> And that's my problem

HTH,