[sugar] git failed

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Dec 17 10:26:42 EST 2007

Tomeo Vizoso wrote:
> I haven't tried yet to use git through a proxy, but this thread may be
> useful:
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/2/23/122

Thank you.  I had not thought of searching within lkml.

--------

That thread gives four options in all:
   (1) use 'http:' instead of 'git:'
   (2) git://proxy:port/?url=git://dev.laptop.org/sugar
   (3) use GIT_PROXY_COMMAND with a simple script
   (4) use GIT_PROXY_COMMAND with netcat

So far, no luck.

(1) [which I had tried previously) gives
  Cannot get remote repository information.
  Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

(2) gives
  fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly

(3) currently gives me a 'socket: command not found' message from
     within the script

(4) currently gives me an 'exec failed' message about nc

I'll try again at a later date.  For now, I'm exhausted.

mikus