[sugar] Booting to text mode

Paul Kippes paul.wants.no.spam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 01:55:45 EST 2007

This question is for a recently received OLPC.  I've managed to input
text that is causing my networks.cfg file to improperly parse.  If I
could access the prompt, I could have a fair chance at fixing it.

How can I prevent the OLPC from attempting to start the GUI and just
dump me into the root prompt or login?  I have no abilities to run
terminal since it is failing to start the X server and forever is
looping trying to do so.  Hopefully this is related to the
networks.cfg file or the other file changed with this script:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/WPA_Manual_Setting

Thanks for any help