[sugar] Builds and release process ( was Re: Update.1 schedule and code freeze...)

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Sat Dec 15 10:49:56 EST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 10:26 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2007 3:54 PM, Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> > Moreover, I was very confused by the fact that we branched Update.1
> > from Ship.2 rather than from Joyride, which I still considered our
> > development trunk.  Until a few days ago, I've been working under
> > the assumption that all the work I had done in Joyride before
> > Dec 15 would implicitly show up in Update.1.
>
> Exactly. Can we get this right for Update.2? :)

I believe this has been a source of a lot of confusion, and one which
I keep running out of time to ensure we discuss at our Tuesday
meetings.  I'm speaking for jg here, and I might be wrong, but my
understanding is that JG wanted to ensure he could keep tabs on
exactly what was changing between ship.2 and update.1, but that
update.1 will be (eventually) substantially the same as "joyride at
the time of code freeze".  We'll pull a diff and make sure that if any
joyride-at-time-of-code-freeze package is *not* in update.1, we know
exactly why.  We have had differences of opinion here, so I probably
shouldn't try to elaborate further.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )