[sugar] olpc/sugar in San Francisco?

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 18:02:41 EST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 5:51 AM, Matt Price <matt.price at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> just joined the list; not sure if this is the right place for htis
> query.
>
> My daughter is getting a G1G1 machine this xmas and I'm hoping to have
> find some locals here in san francisco using the xo1.  anyone know if
> there's a networking page somewhere or some such?

Google is a hotbed of XOs, because they are a corporate sponsor.

Silicon Valley Linux User Group http://www.svlug.org/ has been active
for the last year on OLPC. Paul Reiber, SVLUG President, has a B4
prototype and has order a G1G1 that he hopes to take on a forthcoming
trip to Brazil. His wife is Brazilian.

I have an XO that I take to conferences and user group meetings. I
showed it at the SF Bay Area User Group some months back, and we're
talking about another presentation of the production software.

> Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.  other more relevant questions
> likely to follow...

See also http://wiki.laptop.org/go/New_Users, where questions about
hardware and software, about education, and about other matters of
interest to G1G1 purchasers will be discussed.

Also check http://lists.laptop.org/ for appropriate places to discuss
almost any aspect of the program.

> Matt
>
> --