[sugar] status of MANIFEST file

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Dec 10 15:40:43 EST 2007

Edward Cherlin schrieb:
> On Dec 8, 2007 4:18 PM, Christoph Derndorfer
> <e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Daniel and me are again having another weekend-jam working on the
>> activity handbook
>>

> Excellent. Does it have a Wiki page? Would someone put a link and a
> brief description on the OLPC Publications page?

There's a brief overview of the chapters that we're thinking to include
over on http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Hacking_Sugar#Programming_Sugar

Basically the activity handbook should end up being something like all
those "learning <insert language of choice> in 21 days" types of
documents. We really want to guide programmers who have no prior
knowledge of OLPC, Sugar, etc. in being able to write activities for the XO.
> Can I join in?

In order to preserve the coherence that we aim to achieve with the
handbook (as opposed to the mess on the Wiki) we have decided to limit
the number of contributors for the moment being. That will allow us to
create the necessary structure and basis before releasing it into the wild.

At the moment we think that we'll make the first public release of the
handbook in mid-January.... So stay tuned!

Cheers,
Christoph