[sugar] [Localization] Branch rename, update-1 -> ship-2

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 14:44:35 EST 2007

Hi,
Ok - so my reading is, the Update 1 (Core) project that we were doing
stays - and Ship 2 has already been dealt with, and from a
translator's point of view, we need not worry much about Ship-2.
(Apologies if I sound confused)

Also, it looks like the branch renaming confused git at the Pootle end:

pootle at translate:~/checkouts/update1_core/write$ git pull
You asked me to pull without telling me which branch you
want to merge with, and 'branch.update-1.merge' in
your configuration file does not tell me either.  Please
name which branch you want to merge on the command line and
try again (e.g. 'git pull <repository> <refspec>').
See git-pull(1) for details on the refspec.

If you often merge with the same branch, you may want to
configure the following variables in your configuration
file:

    branch.update-1.remote = <nickname>
    branch.update-1.merge = <remote-ref>
    remote.<nickname>.url = <url>