[sugar] Multi-pane activities?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Dec 5 22:00:08 EST 2007

> I am considering adding some new features that would
> require one or more additional main screens.

In working on a "non-laptop" system with a not-large display, I find
the ability to "page" among multiple panes to be invaluable.
[I typically set up virtual desktops for this purpose - for me that
is simpler than moving the focus between windows all on one screen.]

--------

I realize that OLPC is resource-limited (particularly main memory),
but please try to keep in mind the desirability of a long-term goal
being support of a "human interface" with multi-pane-capability.

Especially in the browser, I think being able to 'flip viewing back
and forth' between two previously accessed panes  is preferable to
only having 'go back' and 'go forward' buttons on a single pane.

mikus