[sugar] The futur of the mesh view

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 13:46:14 EST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 1:40 PM, Morgan Collett <morgan.collett at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> Eben Eliason wrote:
> > This is the whole intent of groups, where the current "Friends" view
> > is actually supposed to be the "Groups" view.  Groups can be formed
> > around anything, such as a class, a study group, etc.  Selecting a
>
> If a friend (or group member) is in an activity with a non-friend (or
> non group member), should they both be displayed, clustered around the
> activity?

This is indeed the question, which I also asked above: "do we also
eliminate non-friends even if they are in a friend's activity?"  I'm
not sure of the correct answer yet.  I may lean toward filtering them
out anyway, in the interest of scalability.

> On the one hand we would want to know who's in the activity before we
> join it, but on the other hand that means it's not a strict filter.

To support only showing members in Group view, I'd argue that if you
really want to see everyone in the activity then you can go to
Neighborhood view (where everyone in the activity would appear) and
apply a search or filter to isolate the group or activity in question.
 Thus, the advantage of Group view in general would be that it truly
limits the people shown to the members of the group you presently care
about, which may make it easier to pick out individuals by color or
see which activities have several of your friends in them.

- Eben