[sugar] Privately-owned data on XOs?

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 09:15:58 EDT 2007

I understood this problem to be solved already.  We have the notion of
sharing, and more specifically of scoping (with groups).  If I write a story
by myself, then it's private unless I explicitly say otherwise. If I draw a
painting in an activity shared with the mesh, then I've already agreed that
everyone should be able to see it.  If I work on project with my study
group, than likely that will have a "my study group" scope, and thus be
available for anyone in my group to look at.
We already have the notion of sharing and group scoping for privacy, so why
wouldn't that determine the default scope of who can view what?  This is a
reasonable default that doesn't reduce privacy but is not strictly
non-public.

- Eben