[sugar] embedding mozilla into an activity

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Apr 18 00:02:41 EDT 2007

Erik Blankinship wrote:
> Perhaps there is a different approach to this...  can I run a local http
> server on the xo that can function as a cgi and kids can interact with
> the html it produces through the browser activity?  What would the path
> to that server be?  It is possible that the local library activity might
> benefit from such a server to augment/complement the static html.

Yes you can run an HTTP server, and this is how the current library is
setup.  I don't think the server used by the library currently is
anything more than a placeholder.  There hasn't been much discussion
about what a server might look like, though of course you are always
welcome to bundle your own server with your activity (and I think that
would be the best plan at the moment).