[sugar] DBus .service files

Noah Kantrowitz kantrn at rpi.edu
Sun Apr 15 19:36:10 EDT 2007

Dan Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 06:24 -0400, Noah Kantrowitz wrote:
>
>> Anyone know how to get a system dbus install to see the service files in
>> ~/sugar-jhbuild/build/share/dbus-1/service? I tried putting a
>> <servicedir> entry in /etc/dbus-1/system.d/sugar.conf, but dbus still
>> doesn't see it when running sugar-presence-service.:
>> [olpc at localhost sugar-jhbuild]$ build/bin/sugar-presence-service
>>

> Don't do this.  There have been a couple fixes since late last week to
> make this all work.  First, 'git pull' in sugar-jhbuild.  Second,
> "./sugar-jhbuild buildone -a telepathy-python".  That should make this
> stuff just work.
>
> A fix was pushed to tp-python last week that allows it to find the
> service managers using XDG_DATA_DIR rather than hardcoding the search
> list.  A further fix was put into sugar-jhbuild to point the session
> DBus daemon that sugar spawns to the dbus service directories inside
> sugar-jhbuild rather than the local system.

If I undo my changes to dbus' files, and just try running the emulator,
I get a black Xephyr window and this traceback:
$ ./sugar-jhbuild run
Extended Input Devices not yet supported. Impelement it at line 625 in
kinput.c
Introspect error: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/olpc/sugar-jhbuild/build/bin/sugar-shell", line 117, in
<module>
    model = ShellModel()
  File
"/home/olpc/sugar-jhbuild/build/share/sugar/shell/model/ShellModel.py",
line 52, in __init__
    self._mesh = MeshModel()
  File
"/home/olpc/sugar-jhbuild/build/share/sugar/shell/model/MeshModel.py",
line 87, in __init__
    for buddy in self._pservice.get_buddies():
  File
"/home/olpc/sugar-jhbuild/build/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sugar/presence/presenceservice.py",
line 277, in get_buddies
    resp = self._ps.GetBuddies()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line
87, in __call__
    return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line
171, in __call__
    reply_message =
self._connection.send_message_with_reply_and_block(message, timeout)
DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name :1.1
was not provided by any .service files

Everything in Sugar is totally up to date as far as jhbuild tells me.

--Noah