[sugar] Getting sugar running on a Mac

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Mon Apr 9 23:08:46 EDT 2007

Steven W Riggins wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm having a devlish of a time getting anything running with the
> current build instructions.  I've downloaded the live CD images, gone
> through several wiki how-to pages, nothing seems current nor working.

> Any clue as to what is the best way to get a image up for developing?

It took Miles about 5 minutes to get up-and-running with the Gentoo
developer's images (version 2) under the OSX VMWare beta.  I don't
*think* he ever got networking working, however (he has been able to
develop a game and started in another with that setup though, I believe
he uses a USB key to transfer files in/out at the moment).  I would
imagine the Fedora Core image by Noah might work there as well.

HTH, and let us know what your final solution is, if possible,
Mike

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developer_Images