[sugar] new chat activity

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 12:43:46 EDT 2007

Ar 09/04/2007 am 18:24, ysgrifennodd Marco Pesenti Gritti:
> On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 16:14 +0100, Dafydd Harries wrote:
> > I've written a new chat activity based on Telepathy. I've made it as simple as
> > possible: when you launch it, it joins the Jabber multi-user chat
> > chat at conference.olpc.collabora.co.uk.
> >
> > Right now, it's hard-coded to use Gabble (the XMPP backed for Telepathy), but
> > it should be pretty easy to make it use Salut (for local network Jabber). If
> > you want to run this, you'll need to have the telepathy-gabble binary and its
> > .service file installed.
> >
> > Git repository is here:
> >
> > http://projects.collabora.co.uk/~daf/chat-activity.git/
> >

> Cool! Can we move this on dev.laptop.org and add it to jhbuild?

Sure. It's a continuation of the old chat-activity repository (though only
setup.py and the .svg are unchanged) so you should be able to pull it into the
chat-activity repository already there. Presumably I'll need some sort of
account to push to dev.laptop.org.

> Btw please do not use raw pixels to specify margin, padding etc. You can
> use the sugar/graphics/units.py helpers to do conversion from points. A
> little annoying but it ensure stuff looks good both in the emulator and
> on the XO.
>
> At some point we want to add support for units to HippoCanvas (and a way
> to set the canvas zoom factor) to avoid the extra typing.

Ah, I'll fix that.

--
Dafydd