[sugar] PLEASE test Build 368 and Q2B84 firmware ASAP.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 01:58:19 EDT 2007

On 3/31/07, Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org> wrote:

> http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/streams/development/build368

Testing ;-)

Using the ext3 image on a USB flash disk, works great on a newly
arrived B2 once I upgrade to the latest firmware.

On the ATest1 board it just cannot deal with the video output to an
external monitor. Tested with the old BIOS (a somewhat dated
LinuxBiOS) and with the latest one. The symptoms are

 - OpenFirmware detects the screen alright and displays coherently
 - The linux console shows huge fonts, perhaps doing 40-chars wide
display on 19-inch monitors (this may have to do with the options we
are passing to the kernel)
 - X.org log says that it could not find any usable screen sizes - I
think that DDC probing is fsck'd but I only tested it with 2 monitors,
both large LCDs.

Is this worth reporting? I am keen on taking advantage of having the 2
boards to play with the mesh networking, but perhaps support for
ATest1 is going to be dropped? (There's a team here @ Catalyst with
experience with special wifi setups using Nokia N770s.)

cheers,

martin