[sugar] Fwd: HCIL Service Grant

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Tue Dec 5 17:04:10 EST 2006

Subject: HCIL Service Grant
Date: Tuesday 05 December 2006 14:32
From: "Schneider, Kiki" <kiki at cs.umd.edu>
To: DC_CHI at listserv.acm.org

Please pass on to anyone in need who may be interested in an HCIL
Service Grant:

Imagine a group of 20-30 dedicated individuals with extensive computer
knowledge, who want to make your life easier by working with you for one
day to find a solution to a technology-related problem...

The University of Maryland's Human-Computer Interaction Lab (HCIL), a
leader in the field of HCI is currently reviewing proposals for small
service grants. We are offering our expertise for free on a project that
would help improve an organization's day-to-day functioning by taking
advantage of our strengths which include expert review, task analysis,
contextual inquiry, software development and more. Our goal is to help
make the world a better place with the use of HCI methods, skills, and
techniques.

We are now accepting proposals, due February 9, 2007.

The HCIL will be available for one day in April 2007 for this project.

For complete details, see:

http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/about/events/rfp.shtml

Allison

Dr. Allison Druin

Director, Human-Computer Interaction Lab www.cs.umd.edu/hcil Associate
Professor University of Maryland College of Information Studies and
Institute for Advanced Computer Studies www.umiacs.umd.edu/~allisond
allisond at umiacs.umd.edu

Office: +1 301 405 7406

Celeste Lyn Paul