[Server-devel] Raspberry Pi Model B3+ - booting from big USB Stick - failure

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Mar 19 17:09:35 EDT 2019

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 4:54 PM Internet Box <internet.in.a.boxx at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> i am gerhard from berlin and i am experimenting with iiab
>
> i succeded in booting my raspberry pi model b3+ from a 128 GB USB Stick
> (costs are only 18€)
> ok
> then i wanted to let work this magic sentence
>
> curl d.iiab.io/install.txt | sudo bash
>
> but i got an error message in the beginning:
>
> tune2fs: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden beim Versuch,
> /dev/mmcblk0p2 zu öffnen
> Es kann kein gültiger Dateisystem-Superblock gefunden werden.

That seems to be German for:

File or directory not found when trying to open /dev/mmcblk0p2
Can not find a valid file system superblock.

What exact OS are you running?

Internet-in-a-Box strongly recommends Raspbian -- any one of the 3 from
this page:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

PS click "installation guide" near the very top of that page if you're not
used to burning/flashing images using Etcher, Win32 Disk Images or "dd".