[Server-devel] IIAB 7.0 Release Candidate...Days Away...If You Help!

Adam Holt holt at unleashkids.org
Fri Jun 28 03:42:27 EDT 2019

PLEASE HELP TEST INTERNET-IN-A-BOX (http://download.iiab.io) THIS WEEKEND
ON RASPBERRY PI 4...OR ON RPI 3 / 3 B+ JUST AS VALUABLY...USING:

- Raspbian Buster Lite 2019-06-20
https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

- Raspbian Buster With Desktop 2019-06-20
https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

- RPi Zero W (after building IIAB on RPi 3 or 3 B+ above!)

- Debian 10 Buster RC2 was released 2 days ago but please try the latest:
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/

- Sure Ubuntu 19.04 is not mainline, but if we can come up with a
reasonably solid/viable solution to https://github.com/iiab/iiab/issues/1714
("MySQL database password-changing failure during fresh install of IIAB on
Ubuntu 19.04") we'll all be in far better shape for 19.10 in ~3 months and
20.04 LTS in ~9 months (:

*If there are glaring errors
at https://github.com/iiab/iiab/wiki/IIAB-Platforms
<https://github.com/iiab/iiab/wiki/IIAB-Platforms> please let us know!*

TEST THESE AREAS PLEASE!

- Install your favorite Map Pack / Continent using:

https://github.com/iiab/iiab/wiki/IIAB-Maps#how-do-i-install-an-iiab-map-pack-for-my-region

- Click all the buttons that matter to you within IIAB's Admin Console:

http://box.lan/admin
username: iiab-admin
password: g0adm1n

- All other IIAB Apps you care about from this list of 30!

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/IIAB/FAQ#What_services_.28IIAB_apps.29_are_suggested_during_installation.3F

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Sugarizer should be fixed this wkd: https://github.com/iiab/iiab/pull/1777

- Debian 10 "Buster" will not support Sugarizer (
https://github.com/iiab/iiab/issues/1437) but this new OS's pre-releases
are looking very solid, as it approaches its "July 6th" expected final
release!

- We need your help understanding which aspects of
https://github.com/iiab/iiab/wiki/IIAB-7.0-Release-Notes and
http://FAQ.IIAB.IO are most *Important To You*, as helpful Screencast
Videos should be appearing soon in coming months, thanks to several
creative volunteers !