[Server-devel] Fwd: Finding an "Internet in the Box" partner for a humanitarian aid project

Vera Wedekind vera at translatorswithoutborders.org
Fri Jun 21 15:02:39 EDT 2019

Dear all,

I found your contact details on this website when researching for a partner
to work with on an Internet in the Box project:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/IIAB
<http://ghf2018.g2hp.net/wpcproduct/internet-in-a-box/>

I am currently consulting for the Nigeria program of the NGO Translators
without Borders'. The program just received funding from the European Union
Humanitarian Aid fund for a pilot study for 21 Internet in the Box devices
to disseminate informational and educational materials in camps for
internally displaced people affected by the conflict and humanitarian
crisis here. The organization did not identify a partner up-front to
implement the activity with in case of receiving the funding so now I am
doing this with urgency. The timeline is extremely tight (all devices must
be in camps by November 30, the last day to spend the money) so I am
looking for a partner who has experience with IIAB. We are basically
looking for the most simple and easy to use features, just putting text,
audio and video documents with informational materials on the server, and
an ability for someone to swop/update content with a SSD card or other item
that can be exchanged.

Unfortunately we don't have an IT staff on our team. We have a small budget
of several thousand US dollars for this project to purchase the devices,
batteries/solar panels, shipping and also some development/set-up cost.

I am writing you as I hope you might have a suggestion regarding whom we
could partner with? I would be grateful for any answer and available to
discuss more any time.

Many thanks!

Vera
--
Vera Wedekind
Interim TWB Nigeria program manager (consultant)
vera at translatorswithoutborders.org
phone/whatsapp: +234 81 36 85 12 09
skype: verawedekind