[Server-devel] Fwd: Internet-in-a-Box 6.7 Preview 2 RELEASED!

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Jan 2 16:49:30 EST 2019

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 12:16 PM Kenneth Wyrick <calteknet at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is so exciting. i will get started installing it with debian 9.6 on a
> toshiba notebook.

Thanks Kenneth!

Internet-in-a-Box (IIAB) 6.7 Preview 2 was just released:
https://github.com/iiab/iiab/wiki/IIAB-6.7-Release-Notes* (more on release
day later this month!)*

Including *preliminary* support for installing IIAB on Ubermix 4.1
educational distro/desktop <http://wiki.ubermix.org/page/Ubermix_Changelog>
for those schools that have hard drives in every desktop/laptop, wanting it
all (rich free content!) pre-installed on *every* student
laptop/workstation.

This can be a lifesaver if you have donated laptops your team/NGO is
installing into remote schools.  Avni Khatri (President of Kids on
Computers) will help us publish many more details in coming days, as we
prepare for IIAB 6.7's final release later this month ("85+ % complete, 208
closed, 36 remaining" according to GitHub!)

LINUX VOLUNTEER REQUEST: schools would *love* it if somebody could try
installing IIAB 6.7/master onto a recent pre-release of Debian 10 "Buster" (
#878 <https://github.com/iiab/iiab/issues/878>).  Please do get in touch
anybody who can just run our IIAB 1-line installer (http://d.iiab.io/6.7)
onto any Debian 10 from https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ --
be it Debian 10's Alpha 4 from 2018-12-15 -- or any other Debian 10 or
Debian "Sid" (bleeding edge) that you prefer!

thank you so much. i would love to see an OSSIE booth at scale2019