[Server-devel] Ansible 2.7 for IIAB 6.7: let's remove pink/red warnings to prep IIAB for 2019 Ansible 2.8/2.9 deprecations

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Sep 20 16:52:50 EDT 2018

Can someone lend a hand modernizing our Internet-in-a-Box Ansible code,
looking over these pink and red warnings, to eliminate many/most, as
several will prevent us from running Ansible in 2019?
https://github.com/iiab/iiab/issues/1130
https://github.com/iiab/iiab/issues/1100

If so please install Internet-in-a-Box (IIAB) 6.7 on any hardware, but
especially on any OS like Ubuntu 18.04, Debian 9.5+, or Raspbian — and
simply help us all tabulate/categorize/squash all these warnings!

Our 1-line installer is here:

   http://download.iiab.io/6.7

(Like Ansible 2.7, Ubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish also arrives in just a
few short weeks...and while 18.10 will *not be formally* supported as it's
not an LTS OS...it just might possibly work with IIAB, with very minor
tweaks!?)

** Thanks for helping us all make the transition to Ansible's new versions
for 2019 ~ do send me a quick note anyone who can run a couple test
installs in coming weeks **

*In Other News: IIAB 6.7/master is definitely starting to shine now, with
several install process wins now (faster & cleaner install process, with
near-immediate remote access during provisioning!)*

*...and a sneak preview of even bigger things scheduled to land on Tuesday
Sept 25 :) *

   Copy Content Packs to/from USB sticks/storage
   https://github.com/iiab/iiab/issues/828