[Server-devel] Very Productive Engineering Call / IIAB 6.5 approaching final release

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Mar 29 13:23:22 EDT 2018

*Thanks George Hunt, Jerry Vonau & Tim Moody for an extremely intensive
Internet-in-a-Box engineering call completed over the past 3 hours, where
key+residual infra/network design -> configuration obstacles were sorted
out.*

Sorry I don't have time to write it ALL up at http://minutes.iiab.io but
everyone plz rest assured some incredible engineering is currently ongoing
to secure our foundation into the next release cycle, thanks especially to
the 3 individuals above.

That means both:

   - IIAB 6.5 <https://github.com/iiab/iiab/wiki/IIAB-6.5-Release-Notes>
   (imminent in early April, after WiFi AP testing is strengthened on the new
   RPi 3 B+ and new/evolving Raspbian OS) and...
   - IIAB 6.6 (soon to be the equivalent of our master branch, including
   major WiFi enhancements in PR #697
   <https://github.com/iiab/iiab/pull/697> etc!)

*Advance Warning: many of IIAB 6.5's 26 open tickets
<https://github.com/iiab/iiab/milestone/2> will be moved to IIAB 6.6
request/issue list <https://github.com/iiab/iiab/milestone/3> or closed in
the coming week or so -- voice your opinion on-ticket wherever nec!*