[Server-devel] DRAFT: Guidelines for Creating IIAB Images incl Sample Content Packs

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Mar 16 17:05:30 EDT 2017

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>> Can you give Josh's 2-page doc a once-over this wkd?  (Anyone hoping to
>> create Internet-in-a-Box images to empower the Masses!)
>>
>> (Right-click on the Doc to add comments/suggestions, if you don't have
>> time to make full edits, or have not yet been added as a full editor!)
>>

> *http://tinyurl.com/iiabimages <http://tinyurl.com/iiabimages>*
>

>> Example: The section near the top about "*Disk/SD Expansion*" (*minify*
>> script. something about commandline.txt, etc) needs a massive cleaning,
>> as I apologize I don't understand this (re-partitioning?) stuff at all.
>> Even if a consensus path does not emerge in March 2017, let's share out our
>> best disk re-sizing tricks/scripts/summary options quick~

Thanks to much input from everyone during this morning's meeting, I've
re-organized the doc (IIAB install image guidelines above) into 18
sequential steps.

I rewrote many of these sections making it approachable to senior
implementers joining our community, who want join us making meaningful *(quick
to understand)* install images for redistribution to their regions, their
languages, their OS's, and yes their mongrol HW ;)

Conclusion: I need to work with George (and others!) in the coming week to
now wrap this doc up, consolidating its loose ends, the orange sections in
particular.  Thanks you for poking at those orange sections in coming days
to beef up our growing consensus, so we can release an increasing number of
near-bulletproof 6.2 images soon~

*PS no jokes about One Image Per Child will be permitted, as we already
have too many jokes about One OS Per Child ;)*

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !