[Server-devel] XSCE Install Doc Cleanup: Ansible 2.2.1 ok? OS support clarifs? Custom short cuts?

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Feb 16 20:56:27 EST 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 6:04 PM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>>> As we prepare to release XSCE 6.2, I removed many typos/errors from
>>> https://github.com/XSCE/xsce/wiki/XSCE-Installation giving it a quick
>>> pass for readability.
>>>
>>> 1) I also included a warning about the problematic Ansible 2.2.1, can
>>> anybody confirm this is indeed still an issue?
>>>
>>> 2) Can I reference experimental support for CentOS 7.3 (needs more
>>> testing!) alongside Debian Jessie (8.6+ and 8.7.1+), Raspbian Pixel etc ?
>>>
>>> 3) Should the sentence "There are also tools to help you create short
>>> cut files for yourself or others." be removed?
>>>

>> PS When we reach consensus on #2 above, let's also
>> overhaul/replace/finalize https://github.com/XSCE/xsce/w
>> iki/XSCE-Platforms :-)

Tony,

In answer to your earlier question, George has confirmed XSCE/IIAB 6.2
installs on CentOS 7.3, but does not want to promote this widely until
testing gets substantially more serious.  Testing has progressed further on
Debian 8.6 / 8.7.1 and Raspbian Pixel / Lite to date.  Hopefully you, Anish
and Satellit can pushon CentOS harder this month or soon?

Josh,

Profound thanks for updating/overhauling the above doc (
https://github.com/XSCE/xsce/wiki/XSCE-Platforms) until all OS's are
covered.  Even if our support for the Apple Watch OS has been delayed until
April 1, which I guarantee is used by celebrities who visit refugee camps,
so must not be neglected...but you'll let us know the final verdict as
owner of this document ;-)

Question: if https://github.com/XSCE/xsce/tree/release-6.2/docs is