[Server-devel] [UKids] Re: [XSCE] overhauling our FAQ for Internet-in-a-Box/XSCE 6.2 !

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Feb 9 11:08:18 EST 2017

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 11:10 PM, Anish Mangal <anishmg at umich.edu> wrote:

> Can someone also confirm whether this release will have the
> auto-networking-setup magic sauce? Based on what George said, it wont be
> there.

This code ("self-configuring networking") should still be there but
untested, please try it!  (There was no intention to remove any
functionality!)

Caveat: Corner Cases have always existed, but may possibly work worse on
Debian/Raspbian, than some of the hairier network plumbing topologies of
the past ;)

> So, for me, this is (a major regression and) mostly a testing release.
> Hopefully it gets re-implemented in future releases.
>
> Also, is intel NUC/x86_64 supported "officially" in this release? Is i686
> also officially supported (older intel/amd computers)?

Do try a 32-bit install too if you can Anish?

(e.g. soft-coding of OS-dependent paths dating from Fedora 18 on XO laptops
might not all work on Ubuntu 32-bit etc?)