[Server-devel] [XSCE] "Gigabyte BRIX more scalable than Intel NUC"

Samuel Greenfeld samuel at greenfeld.org
Mon Sep 5 21:48:14 EDT 2016

If you are looking at devices which include sales in the US (and
potentially other) market(s), you may find that your devices may only
accept one of a few internal Wifi NICs.

This is because the FCC certification of the device as a whole is often
done including the Wifi module.  And they only expect to offer certain Wifi
modules to customers.

Lenovo and HP historically have both done this at the BIOS level.

So if you are insisting on an all-in-one solution, your wireless NIC
choices may be limited, especially now that the FCC requires proof that 5
GHz transmitters cannot be tampered with to transmit abnormally.

But if you can accept an external wifi device you may be much better off,
especially because then you can get devices which are designed to handle
lots of clients, and not primarily be a single client itself.