[Server-devel] [UKids] Internet-in-a-Box 2.0 PREVIEW

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Feb 9 15:36:43 EST 2016

Clarifications:

   - Swahili and Kinyarwanda are included in Internet-in-a-Box 2.0,
   providing offline educational materials in 11 languages total.  In service
   of the many committed grassroots communities OLPC has spawned around East
   African countries like Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda.
   - Many more materials exist that could not quite fit on these 1TB disk
   drives, so please write if you can help evolve these learning content
   archives/ecosystems for your own language and region -- we expect to re-mix
   the more compelling content offerings increasingly often in future, now
   that increasingly high-quality science videos are being donated, for very
   free distribution.
   - Several installable images for XSCE school server software are also
   included.  If you want to install one of these, please check web sites
   http://schoolserver.org and https://github.com/xsce/xsce first, if at
   all possible, since the long-awaited XSCE 6.0 will be released very shortly!
   - A future compilation (Internet-in-a-Box 2.1) will most likely be
   released in coming months, including many more of your great suggestions~

IIAB 2.0 (Internet-in-a-Box 2.0) Summary Contents List:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RXzapvzvGRxPoJk0v9Wsdn0Wv02M-iokY6jZ8BQDh9U