[Server-devel] XSCE / Internet-in-a-Box Weekly Call: Thur 10AM NYC Time

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Aug 31 12:40:12 EDT 2016

I had a heart-wrenching video call with PNG this morning, as we explore
their Internet-in-a-Box needs across this unbelievable country of ~8
million people.  Gives a whole new meaning to P.ortable N.etwork G.raphics,
when PNG (the country) has no nationwide network beyond satellite/airplane
for elites and mining companies generally.  With few-to-no public education
resources to speak of, and yet has spent years building up a beautiful
collection for rural kids regardless, e.g.
http://telikomfoundation.org.pg/library.php

Reminds us powerfully why we're all here-

Every now and the impossible Is Actually Possible.

Please join our weekly XSCE / Internet-in-a-Box call Thur 10AM NYC Time if
you can, adding to the agenda here first:

   http://tinyurl.com/xsceminutes

Thanks!

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !