[Server-devel] Is XSCE a Sugar Labs project?

Anish Mangal anishmg at umich.edu
Tue Aug 23 07:55:26 EDT 2016

I cannot say about SL membership but the XSCE does certainly cater to
non-sugar audiences. Most of the XSCE deployments in India I know of are
non sugar based. That said, a lot of XSCE deployments also use sugar and
olpc laptops. Recent builds of XSCE also contain sugarizer, and the
software certainly has components which support sugar/olpc laptops like
jabber, moodle integration, journal backup, sugar stats (xovis)

Hope this helps.

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 5:13 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> In http://www.mail-archive.com/iaep@lists.sugarlabs.org/msg17326.html
> Caryl Bigenho <caryl at laptop.org> asked me to ask you all if you consider
> XSCE a Sugar Labs project.
>
> I'm assuming the answer is "no" but I was asked to confirm :)
>
> As a follow up question, is anyone contributing to XSCE _not_ a members of
> Sugar Labs?
>
> I see Adam Holt, George Hunt, Tim Moody, and Anish Mangal are already
> members; Jerry is not.
>
> Jerry, would you like to be a SL member?
>
> Would anyone else?
>
> --
> Cheers
> Dave