[Server-devel] School Server Global Community Call - 10AM NYC Time Saturday / 11AM Content Design

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Apr 29 13:43:13 EDT 2016

1) We're making Tons of progress here at our XSCE + Internet-in-a-Box
design workshop in British Columbia here (Western Canada) and want to sync
up with more countries/deployments/implementations tomorrow to explain
where XSCE 6+ and IIAB 2+ are likely going, and why, with input from all
corners of the planet hopefully :>

Our provisional target is to release XSCE 6.1 July 31st.

Plz send me your Skype username (1st choice) and also your Google Hangouts
username (likely backup) if you will join, Thanks!

2) A separate follow-up content/design call will occur 1 hour later @ 11AM
NYC Time Saturday, to talk about actionable content, as our efforts begin
unleashing increasingly new kinds of distribution/curation communities,
empowered with categorization/rating/tagging/descriptions allowing each and
all (even kids one day!)  To customize+enhance their own regional digital
libraries, with http://Kiwix.org principal Emmanuel Englehart joining us
live from Switzerland on this call, among others!

3) Offline OpenStreetMap design call will take place 24hrs later, at 11AM
NYC Time SUNDAY, with some of the original designers/implementers of
Internet-in-a-Box -- please invite/bring knowledgeable design folks in
anticipation of Seattle's July 23-25 http://stateofthemap.us where this
needs to see a wider initiative!

PS in all case above, Live Chat backchannel is #schoolserver on
http://webchat.freenode.net as usual, jump on there and speak up loud to
catch others' attention if so...many of us are heads-down hacking here, and
so ping multiple times as nec...worse yet my own laptop motherboard went up
in smoke (literally) last week and I don't have regular irc access at all
just yet :}