[Server-devel] 6th gen NUC bios SY0042.BIO improves “electrical overstress protection”

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Sat Apr 16 07:04:46 EDT 2016

[BIOS itself is timestamped April 9th.  NUCblog.net writes:]

Update on April 12th, Intel recommends upgrading the BIOS to the recently
released version 42 that includes improved “electrical overstress
protection”:

    Intel is continuing to investigate the “WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR” issue
reported by end users on the Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i3SYH, Intel® NUC Kit
NUC6i3SYK, Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYH, and Intel® NUC KitNUC6i5SYK products.
Intel will continue to provide updates on this ongoing investigation of the
“WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR”. We will provide an additional update by Friday,
April 22 [yay, Earth Day!!], or sooner if relevant information becomes
available.

    Intel has released BIOS version 0042 that improves the electrical
overstress protection in the voltage regulator circuitry on the Intel® NUC
Kit NUC6i3SYH, Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i3SYK, Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYH, and
Intel® NUC KitNUC6i5SYK products. While the root cause investigation
continues, Intel recommends customers update the Intel NUC to BIOS version
0042.

We’ll continue watching this…

So far so good having installed SY0042.BIO on my own NUC6i3SYH: (the one
that accepts 2.5-inch SATA hard drives)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25913/BIOS-Update-SYSKLi35-86A-