[Server-devel] epiphany browser trick to force same URL every time :)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Nov 19 15:45:50 EST 2015

What you suggest seems a bit complex.

You may find it easier to change the browser settings;

	gsettings set org.gnome.Epiphany restore-session-policy never

which never restores the session, or;

	gsettings set org.gnome.Epiphany restore-session-policy crashed

which only restores the session if the previous session crashed the
browser; in other words recovering after a browser failure.

The default is "always".  For shared computers, not good.

Tested with 13.2.6 on an XO-1.

A pity this feature isn't exposed to the user more clearly.  There are
59 other settings.  They can be shown with;

	gsettings list-recursively org.gnome.Epiphany

Some of them should make the browser faster on an XO-1, but I've not
tested.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/