[Server-devel] Two (minimal) goals for a kernel for XO1.5 based upon fc22?

Samuel Greenfeld samuel at greenfeld.org
Wed May 27 23:17:26 EDT 2015

Given I looked into this before with F22 Beta(*), I ran OLPC OS Builder
tonight, excluding nothing from all repositories, and let it loose.

There were a few more minor issues found with the build process.  But I
managed to build an image with the stock Fedora 4.x kernel, and primarily
F22 parts.

However the stock Fedora kernel does not have a hardcoded kernel command
line like OLPC kernels do, and trying to manually provide the command line
to boot a Fedora kernel still hung for me after OFW stated the ramdisk was
being loaded.

I may look into this a bit more before resorting back to OLPC's 3.10 kernel
and seeing what works with that.

(*) http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2015-April/050035.html