[Server-devel] [UKids] Enthusiasm for a Centos School Server is wonderful

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Sat Mar 28 12:24:36 EDT 2015

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 12:13 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Opps... make that:
> http://www.xsce.org/downloads/Server/images/XSCEF20L.iso
> thanks, Anish.
>
> Jerry
>
> On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There is a beta LiveDVD.iso image based on F20[1], boots in a vm,
>> suitable for dd'img to usb, or burning to DVD. Log in with root and no
>> password, and launch the install by typing "liveinst". The stock Fedora
>> installer is launched, just go through the screens, when rebooted you
>> should have the same install as ./install-console provides. Note, this
>> version needs internet access to complete, and will be addressed in the
>> next version.
>>

> On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 8:52 AM, Danishka Navin <danishka at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I am working on Fedora remix which ship both gnome and sugar desktop
>>> (along with all sugar activities packaged to fedora).
>>> I never used  a school server before and I don't have exact count on how
>>> many people use Sugar desktop in this remix.
>>>
>>> I will have a look on your CentOS based school server,
>>> I can do the same on Fedora if it useful for someone.
>>>
>>> Keep it up your good work!

Dramatic Progress, on both fronts: Fedora 20 and CentOS

If we pull it off (if volunteers help Jerry & George test) then some of the
most neglected schools/libraries worldwide will benefit powerfully until
June 30 2024: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CentOS#End-of-support_schedule

>>> http://twitter.com/danishkanavin