[Server-devel] free drinks for an XSCE 6.0 road map & spec! (Thurs 11AM NYC Time)

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Mar 19 14:50:27 EDT 2015

Drinks will have to wait, since XSCE 5.5 will be our next release :-)

For now I replaced all 16 mentions of XSCE 5.2 here with 5.5 instead:

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Community_Edition/Features

The evolving spec for XSCE 5.5 is implicit from the "18" mentions of new
features for XCSE 5.5 in the above table.  Can people sanity check if this
is correct/achievable?

Thanks for the rolling/ongoing input and another really great call,
especially Tony who could not attend but wrote the most conscientious list
of server scenarios.  Which I hope he can share publicly later, but
regardless I owe him a beer^h^h^h^hCoke even if Sexy 6.0's deferred for a
bit ;)

Finally time lines remain loose until feature-set spec hardens, with
documentation and testing windows TBA, but for now the release
schedule/roadmap
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Community_Edition/5.5/Road_Map> appears as
follows:

   - April 2015: Feature Freeze