[Server-devel] laptops as servers

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Mon Mar 2 03:57:21 EST 2015

Hi,

The hard drive will certainly be replaced by a new 1TB drive. I am more
concerned about the battery, but at a deployment the server would run from
AC power with the battery used only for a UPS. Naturally 4GB would be more
comfortable than 2GB - although the processor is certainly more powerful
than the
Atom systems we have been using.

Probably at the end of the day, the main concern may be the power draw.

I am in total agreement on the UEFI issue. I believe that OLE Nepal has
this solved and
I hope to be able to take advantage of that when I get back to Kathmandu
at the end of the month.

Tony