[Server-devel] Trying to access a school server from the outside world

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:51:12 EDT 2015

I thought I had already set you up for using the Amazon passthrough. But
here are the steps:

   1. There is a user at the https://50.17.210.12:943/admin/ port with
   username:gonzalo and a password I will send separately.
   2. Sign on there and change your password. You can use this sign on at
   any time to see if the "sora server" client connection is available at the
   passthrough.
   3. Then you will need to create a new user without administrative
   privileges that will become the server's client connection to the vpn. The
   generation of the keys for the "sora server" is triggered by accessing
   https://50.17.210.12:943/ (without admin), and logging on with the
   credentials you created when you set up the "sora server" user.
   4. When you make this https:// access, the amazon openvpn application
   will offer to let you download the openvpn client application.  I have
   usually "yum installed" openvpn already. Hit refresh, and you will be given
   a choice to download an unattended access key file.
   5. Download the "cient.ovpn" file and change it so something similar to
   the username you created. Place it in the /etc/openvpn/ directory of "sora
   server"

Sorry I missed your request when it came 3 days ago.