[Server-devel] [XSCE] Rpi2 now available, and loads current XSCE master

Tim Moody tim at timmoody.com
Thu Feb 26 14:05:25 EST 2015

Thanks.

From: George Hunt
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 1:00 PM
To: xsce-devel ; XS Devel
Subject: [XSCE] Rpi2 now available, and loads current XSCE master

Just got my second rpi, and discovered that they both failed until I used a more robust USB to micro USB power cable.

It's pretty fast, for just 3watts, including the USB wifi dongle.

To get the full install on fc21, I needed to comment out ajenti at /opt/schoolserver/xsce/roles/8-tools/meta/main.yml

The base software, with rpi loader and kernel, is available at http://www.digitaldreamtime.co.uk/images/Fidora/21/ (based on a minumal 173MB download)

There's a rtc that mounts on the accessory connectors of the rpi at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MCNMR8G

I'm still fiddling to get a USB wifi driver, and there's still lots of testing. But completing the install process is significant in itself. Once I get it all tested, I'll post an image. I'll be about 2GB in size.