[Server-devel] [UKids] school server call - Thur 10AM NYC Time

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Jun 18 20:01:03 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 7:30 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 07:18:40PM -0400, Adam Holt wrote:
> > -- but the wildly succesful test of WiFi and backup bug fixes at one
> > of our anchor schools in Haiti today reminding us how fast progress
> > comes.
>
> What can you tell me about the results of the wireless and backup bug
> fixes?  Not the packaging or installation of the fixes, but rather the
> fixes themselves.

Tim Moody's TC-libertas-patch2.zip (*) appears to have fixed all 20 XO-1s'
WiFi and "miraculously" also backups, in a Port-au-Prince Haiti school this
morning.  I'm not in Haiti, nor do I have access to this particular
schoolserver, so others can fill in the details in coming days/weeks, as
this success hopefully spreads to other schools in Haiti using HaitiOS 0.7.1

(*) Step 10 @ http://wiki.laptop.org/go/HaitiOS which seems to fix "daily"
backups of XO-1's Journals to the server by enabling setuid
"chmod 4755 /bin/ping" if I understand things correctly.

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !