[Server-devel] [XSCE] xovis on the XSCE 5.0

Martin Dluhos martin at gnu.org
Tue Jun 17 04:11:06 EDT 2014

On 06/16/2014 05:41 AM, Sameer Verma wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 3:58 AM, Martin Dluhos <martin at gnu.org> wrote:
>> On 06/15/2014 02:41 AM, Sameer Verma wrote:
>>> Hi Martin,
>>>
>>> I installed xovis on the XSCE 5.0 running on a XO 1.75 (512MB RAM,
>>> consuming 405MB or so right now). I've successfully registered a few
>>> XOs with the server. I see the backups in /library/users/
>>>
>>> I see that I have a /opt/xovis folder. Does the database insert into
>>> couchdb run via cron? If not, how do I push the metadats into couchdb?
>>
>> Currently, this needs to be done manually by running script
>> process_journal_stats.py, which is in the repository. I updated the installation
>> instructions in the README yesterday, which explains how to install and use XOvis:
>>
>> https://github.com/martasd/xovis
>>
>> See the "Load existing deployment data into the database" section in the README.
>> Are the instructions clear?
>>

> Got it. I ran
>
> ./process_journal_stats.py dbinsert xovis --deployment olpc and got
> the following. I'm running this as root.

When installing with install_xovis.sh script, the script will output the command
that you need to run. Since the db was created using an admin account, you need
to pass the 'server' flag to the command including the couch credentials:

./process_journal_stats.py dbinsert xovis --deployment olpc --server
http://admin:admin@127.0.0.1:5984

Delete xovis db if it exists and try it again.

Martin