[Server-devel] Server Backup on HaitiOS
georgejhunt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 15:35:40 EDT 2014
Tim discovered that backups to the XSCE in release 5.0 were failing. I had
changed ds-backup-server to use the WSGI interface (mod_python was
obsoleted in FC18). So I assumed that the ball was in my court. But I
believe the test just completed indicates that the problem was really that
the superuser bit in /bin/ping was removed in FC17 (the base for HaitiOS).
1. Load OS13.2.0 on an XO4.
2. Install XSCE release 5.0 on top of that -- installs ds-backup-server
hash c5d86 (unchanged from XSCE-0.4)
3. Load HaitiOS hash 6d78 on an XO1
4. Register XO1 to server
5. Wait for 2 hours -- observe no data in directory at
6. execute "chmod 4755 /bin/ping" on the XO1
7. Wait for 1 hour -- observe that the backup had occurred
I think the wifi fixup that Tim has prepared for Sora to take to Haiti
should include the change in permissions on /bin/pin.
I do remember that, in the Tiny Core environment, it is hard to find the
file that I wanted to change (because I don't have a clear idea of the disk
tree, before the chroot that the firmware does as it is bringing up the XO.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Server-devel