[Server-devel] How did 262 "abandoned" Haiti XOs cross the road?

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Jul 11 00:35:39 EDT 2014

And in the grand scheme of things, what in the end has Negroponte wrought?
Sora's blog post today gives one incredibly honest answer, live from Haiti:

http://projectrive.wordpress.com/2014/07/04/traffic-report/

Please everyone consider you too leaving your armchair like she did, to
come join her (age 18) and us (all ages) bringing valuable XO-1 laptops
back to life for thousands of children in Haiti.  *Barely more than an hour
from Disney World,* with $59+tax flights to Haiti I've depended on, lasting
a heck of a lot longer than a single $99+tax day-pass to Disney World.  Or
would you like to blow an entire year's salary of a Haitian teacher on a
premium Disney World pass for $754+tax including bonus free parking!

You Make The Choice.

We chose learning together, face-to-face.

We need more humble souls to escape the cyberbubble of empty glowing
rectangles, connecting with realities on the ground, supporting our XO+XS
volunteer workforce across Haiti.

While none of the team's work above would have been possible without our
best friends the armchair humanitarians/engineers *paying it forward* like
George Hunt, Tim Moody, James Cameron, Bill Stelzer, Curt Thompson, Nancie
Severs, Paul Fox, Richard Smith, Nick Doiron etc ;-)

*Volunteer at UnleashKids.org if you too can help !*

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org