[Server-devel] [XSCE] activation server feature XSCE 5.0

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Jul 7 08:11:46 EDT 2014

On 07/04/2014 07:36 PM, Sameer Verma wrote:

>  > I think the next step in diagnosis will be to find out what the XO
>  > does during the activation step, find out how XS-0.7 implements this,
>  > and ensure XSCE does as well.
>  >

> A quick note. I remember that with XS 0.7 running on CentOS6.x it had to
> be the 32 bit OS. Reuben Caron may know more.

I ran into this problem when porting the OLPC activation server from
running on a 32-bit VM to running natively on owl.laptop.org which is
64-bit.

The issues were with the toms libs that did all the crypto and optimised
math.  They would not produce correct results in earlier 64bit releases.
  This was fixed in later versions.

I can't remember the gory details but there's some tweaks that need to
be made to the makefile and to pysign but after that it works.

Looking at my build of bios-crypto on owl I still have the changes
should anyone want to build a package for 64bit.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
Former One Laptop per Child