[Server-devel] XSCE 5.0 (aka 0.5, upgraded from 0.4) VirtualBox Files

Curt Thompson curtathompson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 15:23:58 EST 2014

Unfortunately this XSCE VM project is on hold for me for a week or so as
I'll be in Haiti.  I can add anyone who wants to work on it to the
"sharing" list so the files could sync between our Google Drives.  I
would only ask that if changing the original files whatever is done is
documented and emailed to me (and/or this list).

IIAB - I noticed that EN wikipedia was missing too, I think the EN
module is easily added.  Probably you can copy it from a full version of
IIAB into the relevant directory and it will show up in the list.

Midori is pointing to schoolserver/syans as the last location - I
previously had some proprietary content served from that location but
removed it for sharing purposes and forgot to clear the history, I
guess.  I installed Firefox for in-browser PDF reading (also related to
the proprietary content).

OVA is probably a better distribution method unless people prefer to
sync the files in our Google Drives.  I don't claim any ownership of
these files, so feel free to create and share an OVA, link to them,
etc.  OVA is almost certainly a better option for 'to the world'
releases of the XSCE test VM on blogs, etc.

Thanks
Curt Thompson
curtathompson at gmail.com

On 1/16/2014 12:06 PM, Thomas Gilliard wrote:
> I just downloaded SchoolServer.vdi it was 6.6 GB
>  used it as existing disk. in new (Oracle VB 4.2.14)
> comments:
> logged in and worked fine
> -Need to use firefox to see it. Midori browser is pointing  to ....
> /syans/  (spelled that way)
>    works also if delete that part of path in browser
> -Moodle did not start
> -iiab wikipedia is in guarani  cannot seem to find english
>
> I did an export to a 3.2 GB schoolserver.ova that imports back into VB
> - could that be a better way to distribute this?
> --1024 memory with 10GB dynamic expanding HD / NAT
>
> Tom Gilliard
> satellit on #schoolserver
>
> On 1/16/2014 11:48 AM, Curt Thompson wrote:
>> Just noting XSCE 0.5 = XSCE 5.0 for email-searchers.
>>
>> On 1/16/2014 11:45 AM, Curt Thompson wrote:
>>> Links:
>>> SchoolServer.vbox (8.94KB) -