[Server-devel] [XSCE] Upgraded VirtualBox XSCE 0.4 in my Google Drive to 0.5

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Jan 9 22:48:59 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 06:34:38PM -0800, Curt Thompson wrote:
> I have this set up now in "appliance mode", considering people may want
> to try it out without running a dhcp server and possibly breaking their
> network(s).

Does this really happen?  Wouldn't it be better to fix XSCE so that
the DHCP server is "not authoritative"?

dhcpd.conf(5) on a system here says

"      The authoritative statement

         authoritative;

         not authoritative;

         The DHCP server will normally assume that the configuration  informa‐
         tion  about a given network segment is not known to be correct and is
         not authoritative.  This is so that if a naive user installs  a  DHCP
         server  not fully understanding how to configure it, it does not send
         spurious DHCPNAK messages to clients  that  have  obtained  addresses
         from a legitimate DHCP server on the network."

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/