[Server-devel] [XSCE] Re: a kernel for our solidrun protos?

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 17:04:32 EST 2014

Jon,

When I compiled the kernel that Rabeeh made available on github for the
Cubox, I discovered that the XSCE 0.5 ansible install errors out  because
iptables, and ajenti, do not install because of missing modules. In
attempting to modify the .config file (roughly 2000 lines long) I had very
slow and painful success.

I'm afraid that the window for addressing this sort of problem before we
leave for Haiti is closing.  Will we decide to purchase enclosures, hard
disks, etc, until we have some confidence that the XSCE software will run
on the Cubox's we have?

It seems clear to me that we will not  be able to count on having time to
work on kernel issues once we get to Haiti.

Can we all agree on a deadline, by which time we decide to go or no go for
using Cubox on this Haiti trip? My proposal is Jan 8. That will give us 10
days to order, and receive accessory disks, enclosures.

Jan 8 is 2 days from now!

What do others think?